Discover Instructional Design - For Beginners
Discover Instructional Design – For Beginners
Discover Instructional Design is an interactive task-based course for Instructional Design Beginners. It takes the learner through the complete Development Life Cycle (DLC) with specific focus on content development or storyboarding/scripting. It also covers the following theories and frameworks: Ruth Clark’s Content Types framework, Bloom’s Taxonomy and Merrill’s Content-Performance matrix. In addition, it addresses the key tasks involved in developing content, such as storyboarding, visualizing and creating questions.
Who should take this course?
This course is aimed at Beginners – those who want to work as Content Developers, Instructional Designers or Instructional Design Trainees.
|Course Name||Discover Instructional Design|
|Skill Addressed||Storyboarding – Simple E-Learning & Video Tutorials|
|Duration||Learning Seat Time: 8 hours; Course Access: 15 Days|
|Target Audience||Freshers; Content Developers; Trainers|
|Assignment / Project||1 Assignment: Storyboard or ILT Session Deck (Available ONLY as part of Certification Program Level 1)|
How is the course designed?
The course comprises seven episodes, and each episode is designed to take learners from familiar terrain to new and unfamiliar terrains.
- Food for Thought: A short anecdote that will immerse the learners gently into new areas before the main content unfolds.
- Quick Quiz: Questions based on the short anecdote that is meant to force learners to reflect and respond.
- Theory: Underlying concepts and principles that drive a specific task in the scripting process.
- Examples: Samples of the task output and how it is rendered in the workplace.
- FAQs: Some frequently asked questions that beginners and instructional designers have about ID and the development process of learning material.
To qualify for your certificate from Purnima Valiathan, you must complete all episodes in this course and score 70% or more in the course assessment.